Chrysler, Dodge, Eagle, Jeep, Plymouth
For access to J-2534 Information on the Chrysler service information website:
Software calibrations for use by J-2534 pass-thru tools available by clicking on "J2534 Flash Availability" found on link from RELATED DOCUMENTS at bottom of www.techauthority.com main page.
Which models and model years are reprogrammable for which functions?
For reprogramming with a J2534 device:
- Some 1995 model year vehicles equipped with OBD II
- 1996 and subsequent model year vehicles
- Emission related functions for engine and transmission control modules.
Emission related functions for engine and transmission control modules can also be reprogrammed with Chrysler's diagnostic scan tools.
Powertrain Control Module Initialization requires the use of Chrysler's diagnostic scan tools.
Specific body control modules can be reprogrammed with Chrysler's diagnostic scan tools.
How does a technician determine whether a recalibration update is available for a specific vehicle?
- Launch www.techauthority.com
- On bottom of home page, click on “Related Documents and Links” and a new page will load
- Inside the “Related Documents” section of the page, click on “Flash Availability - J2534/Pass Thru Device” to view a document that contains a list supported cal files. Note that this file can either be opened from the server, or saved to the user’s hard-disk drive, then opened. Requires a PDF viewer to have a look at Chrysler’s file.
How does a technician get the recalibration update information?
Subscribe to TechAuthority Online and click on "Flash"
What equipment is needed to do the reprogramming?
J2534 reprogramming device OR
Chrysler diagnostic scan tools (go to www.techauthority.com homepage and click on "DRB III® Order Form" or “StarSCAN® Order Form” on the left side of the page to purchase Chrysler diagnostic scan tools).
What systems requirements are needed to support the reprogramming?
Review Minimum PC Requirments found on link from RELATED DOCUMENTS at bottom of www.techauthority.com main page.